Former CG 25500 (2004)

25500 is a 2004 boat I bought from the Coast Guard via gsa.com in 2018. The boat was assigned to MSST Houston. I trucked the boat to Seattle and spent about a year getting it cleaned up and fully operational. I did bottom paint, and recently painted the collars dark green (using AlexSeal). Boat runs great.

I’ll post more information when time permits and photos once I figure out that part. I run the boat from Seattle (Shilshole) to Bellingham (Squalicum Harbor) and in the Islands.

Peter

1 Like

Welcome! Hey Peter - I saw pics of your bottom paint and notice that you had some kind of rubber-cap flappers on the rear scupper vs. the standard bags. Any chance you can create a post on that sharing some info on what they are, where to get them and how they are working out?

Here some photos of former USCG 25500, after we painted the collars with AlexSeal at the work yard at the Port of Everett, which I highly recommend btw. When I get a chance, I’ll post photos of the prep, priming and application of the AlexSeal product.